Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Following your footsteps

Dear Radheshyam Prabhuji,
Dandavat pranam!
All glories to Srila Prabhupada! All glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga!

I am greatly privileged to wish you on your appearance day.  Recently I read one passage from Srila BhaktiSiddhant Saraswati Thakur in folio vedabase. It greatly reminded me about your role in my life.

“We always need ideal examples. If we don’t associate with Vaishnavas who are fixed at the spiritual master’s lotus feet, attached to chanting the holy name, and fixed in the Lord’s service, we cannot ourselves become fixed at guru’s feet. We cannot learn to consider the spiritual master our well-wisher. We cannot understand that the spiritual master is as good as God. We cannot develop the tendency to serve the spiritual master. If genuine devotees who are fixed at the guru’s feet teach us neither how to serve the spiritual master nor how to behave when we are with him, then even after receiving a bona fide spiritual master we may lose him. We would be losing a coveted jewel if we were bereft of his service.
-SBSST, Amrita Vani.

Your deep faith and surrender to Gurudeva is our basis for service to him. Maharaj seems quite distant to us. We can hear him but what mood to approach him in our remembrance, understand his message and practically serve him, these things are difficult to understand. But the way you are serving Gurudeva and representing him for us to your best ability is very inspiring and educative to us. As SBSST says if we would not have example like you, we would lose the valuable jewel of receiving such a great personality as our spiritual master and serve him properly. Your selfless service to Gurudeva, is most inspiring thing for me, I see in you.

I find your lectures very nourishing specifically you give in brahmachari camps. Also the japa talks you give in the morning have great philosophical depth. I have started hearing them and I plan to hear them very regularly. After hearing HG Krishnasmaran Pr we were stressed to hear from one person regularly and emulate the example and instructions. I am assured your classes and example is sufficient for me for advancement in this lifetime. But sometimes I am afraid whether in future whether we would be sufficiently close to you to get personal guidance from you in finer aspects of pure devotional service.

Recently I got initiated, earlier HG Premharinam Prabhu and now HG Revatipati Prabhu are very kind to guide my fickle self to properly render devotional service.  Maharaj has given me name Toshan Nimai Das and the word ‘Toshan’ since has become part of my identity, it is more easier than earlier as I was praying to remind myself whether I am doing things for ‘Hari Toshanam’ or not. I sincerely plead to you to please bless me to be able to remember and do things for the pleasure of Nimai or Lord Krishna. Anartha, aparadhas, sometimes doubts cover me but with the help of your association and blessings, if I properly apply, I am sure I can overcome these.

I pray to Krishna to bless you with very good health and bless us with your continued inspiring association.

No comments:

Post a Comment